Today Queerythm LGBTIQ Community had noticed a post by Vihaan Peethambar, a Transman and the serving Secretary of Malayali Transmen Association (MATA). The post contains information that Queerythm finds as severe allegations that were baseless, falsified information and questioning the dignity of Queer people. His motto of targeting Queerythm is not something to be taken on a lighter note and is to be severely condemned.
As a detailed explanation, Queerythm avails here the supporting proofs and debriefs for the allegations made by Vihaan Peethambar.
1. The petitioner, Vihaan Peethambar has never visited the Transmen Care Home personally. Vihaan has made all the allegations out of improper source of information.
2. As per the Expression of Interest Invited by Social Justice Department, any NGO or CBO working among Transgender people can apply, followed by the prescribed qualifications. Queerythm is a Community Based Organisation working for the rights of Sexual and Gender Minorities since 2017. The community has 30 Transgender people in the group and Vihaan’s allegation that only Transgender (including Transmen) Group running the Care Home is meaningless.
3. On 2 September 2019, as per the petition of Vihaan Peethambar , a meeting was called for, in the presence of Director of Social Justice, Gender Advisor of the state, the petitioner himself, CBO representatives and The Transman Care Home Manager for a meeting. During this meeting, allegations against Queerythm was nullfied with provisioning of proper proofs and documents.
4. The Social Justice Directorate held a meeting with the CBO representatives on 9 May 2019, suggested to use space for co-working as the CBO office and address for official Communication. The Directorate also directed to use the CBO Logo along with the Government Logos needed to be included. The Government themselves designed the same for the advertisements and campaigns.
5. Two care homes in the state under the project began on 7 June 2019 (Queerythm-Thanal Transmen Care and Shortstay Home) and (Mudra Transgender Care and Shortstay home). Both CBO offices are functioning in the home itself, without disturbing the activities of the home.
6. The petitioner (Vihaan) mentioning about the vouchers are baseless, the district officer neither visited the home nor verified any documents to suggest any mistakes. The Director of Social Justice has warned him to visit the Home and help the CBO in administration. We have all bills and documents ready for verification and approval. The district office in Ernakulam has been very cooperative and visiting the home regularly.
7. Our representative got assurance from the director to visit, monitor and inspect the home as per the contract between the CBO and the director.
8. The petitioner Alleges that there is comparatively less space in the carehome since the CBO is occupying much space-
For the public notice that Queerythm Thanal Care Home consists of 25 bed facilities and only the office space is shared between Queerythm CBO and the Care Home.
It is been three months ever since the care home has started and we haven’t received a single complaint against the CBO or the Care Home project, till now. The petitioner’s compliant or concern out of nowhere, without proper proofs shows the person’s malicious motives.
The issue has started since the Care Taker -Ishaan K Shaan misbehaved with the inmates and the care home employees. A warning was issued during the staff meeting by the CBO to Ishaan K Shaan. Following that, Ishaan took a prolonged leave from July 31, 2019 to August 18, 2019, without any prior notification (neither issued a leave letter, nor bothered to inform). When the manager took the personal initiative of contacting Ishaan, he bothered to respond and submitted 3 days medical certificate for the entire period of leave accounting to more that 20 days. The manager and CBO identified that Ishaan, with the excuse of medical reasons was actually participating in various TV shows, Photo Shoots, Award Functions and personal Agendas. This has lead to various employee complaints questioning his special leave conditions. Amidst of all such conditions and on returning back to duties, he has not performed his designated job, secluded himself and have verbally abused the co workers. Moreover, he have used severe abusive languages inside the carehome, which has affected the inmates and the peaceful environment the Care Home has experienced.
Shine Rahman, a Transman care taker has given written petition against Ishaan K Shaan stating that he is intending to close the Transmen Care Home and defaming the CBO. All the proofs and testimonials are hereby attached. Here the question arises that how come Vihaan, who have not visited the Care Home even for a single time, be informed with such falsified information about home?
From this, it is quite evident that Ishaan and Vihaan had a joint motto of defaming the Queerythm CBO, which was exposed in the Directorate Meeting today. The petitioner Vihaan Peethambar has also pointed out an “art” work that hangs in the Care Home entrance, stating that it induces Gender Dysphoria. When enquired, none of the employees and inmates have actually found any issues with the painting. This reflects the mentality and approach of the petitioner towards an “art” and his “vision” of seeing it (and the women portrayed).
The petitioner Vihaan Peethambar has said that security has been compromised by the CBO, which is entirely baseless. We have attached the open statements of employees and the inmates for reference related to their security availed in the care home. At no point that the security of the inmates and employees were compromised. The entire home is covered with 24 x 7 CCTV cameras. The Director has been enlightened about the situation and is satisfied with our approaches.
The inmates were forced to take membership in Malayali Transmen Association (MATA) and the inmates have issued a complaint about the same. They have been misled that only Malayali Transmen Association (MATA) members could get Trangender ID Card and other benefits from the government.
The petioner (Vihaan) mentions that CBO has forced the care home employees to do the collection service as a part of their job, which is a blatant lie and cruel. The employee Shine Rahman has volunteered himself into the noble efforts of Queerythm after the duty time with queerythm members. We are wondering, how can a person mock and insult the effort of a transman who has serviced towards an important cause. People who are in touch with Queerythm knows our activities since 2017.
Organizing independence day celebrations is not a crime. Vihaan Peethambar , the petitioner has filed this as a complaint against the CBO. We seriously have no words for this! No outsiders but the Queerythm members were allowed.
The library, the petitioner mentions was never started in the care home. It was only on ideation stage and never bothered the regular activities of the inmates and their privacy.(we thank our contributors)
The allegation of allowing the media persons against the will of inmates, as mentioned by the petitioner Vihaan is baseless. The Interview and media persons were allowed to interact with inmates only after the prior consent of the inmates to appear before the camera.
The claim made by the petitioner (Vihaan) that Transmen only call them (Malayali Transmen Association) during crisis is senseless. Queerythm itself runs a 24 x 7 helpline where we have handled extensive calls in support of Transmen population & Trissur based Sahayathrika, the first organisation for female born sexual minorities including Transmen handling crisis management. Ignoring the efforts of other CBOs in the state for the well being of Transmen by the petitioner shows ignorance, immaturity and lack of cooperation.
Above all, Vihaan has tried to expose the personal life of the Care Home Manager Mx. Manu before the Director of Social justice, trying to invade the Manager’s privacy. Moreover, the petitioner ( Vihaan) questioning the dedication and efforts of Syama Prabha- A Transwoman and State Project Officer who worked sincerely for the benefit of Transgender community and appreciated by the state government was deeply painful thereby indirectly the petitioner insulting the entire Transwomen and LGBTIQ Community is deeply unacceptable. A Transman’s voice is not restricted to a particular organization or community but be available to the entire LGBTIQ spectrum. The petitioner’s effort in monopolising the Transman’s voice is strictly condemnable.
Vihaan Peethambar has made such a disparaging post after Queerythm has clarified all these false allegations in front of Director of Social Justice and Gender Advisor of the state. This clearly shows the petitioner (Vihaan’s) intentions of defaming the organization which has pioneered in LGBTIQ service since 2017.
For you should have any queries furthermore, feel free to contact Transgender Cell, Social Justice Department or Queerythm, anytime.
We are hereby sharing the supporting documents with this official statement, with the prior consent of the issuers.
issued by Admistrator, Queerythm LGBTIQ Community Thuiruvananthapuram.